Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Fourteen Months Old

Things are definitely starting to get a little more interesting around the Hughes household! Ok, so I'm not officially a "Hughes" yet but we're getting there. It's hard to believe that in just four short months I'll officially be someone's wife. I don't think I'll ever fully get used to calling myself that but it's definitely going to be an honor to carry that last name!

Ready For Church With Mommy and Daddy!
Now for Miss Lyla Jane....what has she been up to?? EVERYTHING! I can already tell that these next few months are going to be so much fun. She's no longer a baby who just sits around or wants to be held all of the time, she is Miss Independent, with a capital "I"! Don't get me wrong, she still loves cuddle time with mommy or daddy but for the most part, it is GO! GO! GO!

If you're eating something, she wants to eat the same thing, no baby food please. If you're washing dishes, she wants to see whats going on and get in on the action. If you're outside picking weeds, she's right behind you. The majority of the time, walking won't get her there fast enough, so she'll plop down  and scoot across to wherever she needs to be! The happiness of her day consists of how many games of peek-a-boo were played. Seriously....that kid loves playing peek-a-boo and will laugh and smile every single time.

First Ponytail

Brushing Those gummies
Her daddy is so proud because in just a matter of days, he taught her how to high five and how to give kisses. Of course as any proud papa would, he gets a little jealous when people (meaning ME) try to steal his tricks for their own selfish pleasure :) But how can anyone resist slobbery, open mouth toddler kisses? I absolutely cannot wait until she's able to run up to me and give me the biggest hug. It has got to be the best feeling in the world to have your precious baby wrap her arms around your neck and squeeze tight. Sometimes when she's napping on my chest, she'll wiggle around trying to get comfortable and then, without knowing it, she'll wrap both of her little arms and little hands around my waist. I smile in that moment thinking, "she really loves her mommy."



One major step that we have achieved in the last few weeks is that she is back in her own bed. Hipppp Hippppp Horray!!! Just kidding. Kind of. I miss seeing her cute little face next to me when I roll over at night, but it sure has been nice getting some decent sleep lately. We kept putting off the transition because we thought it was going to be a pure nightmare for at least two weeks but we were wrong! I'm not for the "crying it out" method so I thought this would never work. We put her in her own room the first night, she cried for about 3 minutes and then went to sleep. She woke up about 1:00 am, cried for about a minute and went back to sleep. That little stinker didn't wake up until almost 8am! I couldn't believe it and it has been like that ever since. She'll wake up a few times in the middle of the night, probably to see if we're coming to bring her to our bed, and then she slowly put herself back to sleep.


Watching Cartoons Under The Coffee Table

LJ's Fun Facts

SIX TEETH!!

Size Three Diapers

9m - 12m Clothing

Favorite Foods Are Sweet Potatoes, 
Nilla Wafers, Cheese Grits, and Teddy Grahams

Still on Baby Formula to Gain Weight
Suggested by Pediatrician

Favorite Toys are her Penny The Pig Stuffed Animal and a little Tea Pot


No comments:

Post a Comment